44 Moreton Street New Farm
Contact agent for details
Secure your own exclusive piece of New Farm's illustrious history
Presenting an unmissable opportunity in one of Brisbane's most prestigious enclaves, the beautifully restored Doon Chambers promises to impress. Set on a corner 723sqm allotment in a pocket dotted with four Victorian-era homes, this six-bedroom circa 1895 property has been tastefully updated to suit modern lifestyles.
Designed by architect Claude William Chambers for successful railway contractor George Charles Willcocks in the 19th century, the dual-level residence perfectly balances heritage grandeur with contemporary luxury. Sympathetically restored by Chapman Builders, the home includes:
- Magnificent lattice-adorned facade, wide front verandah and manicured front gardens
- Exquisite polished timber floors, ornate archways, French doors, marble fireplaces, stained-glass windows and 13-foot-high ceilings with decorative plasterwork
- Spacious open-plan living and dining area on the upper level, as well as a formal dining room and a connecting rear balcony
- Immaculate adjoining kitchen displaying a breakfast bar, quality appliances, a tiled splashback and ample cupboard storage
- Generous rumpus room downstairs, plus a multi-purpose area, a functional office and a separate study
- Massive fully-fenced grassed rear yard featuring low-maintenance irrigated gardens, a heated in-ground swimming pool, a covered patio and an outdoor shower
- Sizeable master bedroom, a well-appointed main bathroom and four additional bedrooms; the master bedroom and three others are fitted with built-in robes, while two main bedrooms also encompass fireplaces
- Another full bathroom/laundry and a large sixth bedroom also boasting a built-in robe downstairs
- Secure dual garage, huge storage area, ducted air-conditioning and ceiling fans
A stone's throw from cherished New Farm Park and its ferry terminal, this resplendent home is also close to a plethora of shops and dining options. The fashionable James Street, Howard Smith Wharves and Teneriffe precincts are also nearby, while Brisbane's CBD is just three kilometres away.
Falling within the New Farm State School, Fortitude Valley State Secondary College and Kelvin Grove State College catchment areas, this unrivalled property is also a short drive from All Hallows' School, Brisbane Grammar School, Brisbane Girls Grammar School and Saint Joseph's College. Do not miss this exciting opportunity - call to arrange an inspection today.
Judy Goodger Prestige
5/572 Brunswick Street
New Farm 4005
T 0438 767 377
F 07 3107 5151
This information has been provided to us by third parties and we do not accept any responsibility for its accuracy. You should make your own enquiries and check the information so as to determine whether or not this information is in fact accurate. You must make your own assessment and obtain professional advice if necessary.